Review: V for Vendetta by Allan Moore

3:31 p.m. El Corazon de Libros 0 Comments

Hi readers:



SYNOPSIS: 
"Remember, remember the fifth of November..."


A frightening and powerful tale of the loss of freedom and identity in a chillingly believable totalitarian world, V for Vendetta stands as one of the highest achievements of the comics medium and a defining work for creators Alan Moore and David Lloyd.



Set in an imagined future England that has given itself over to fascism, this groundbreaking story captures both the suffocating nature of life in an authoritarian police state and the redemptive power of the human spirit which rebels against it. Crafted with sterling clarity and intelligence, V for Vendetta brings an unequaled depth of characterization and verisimilitude to its unflinching account of oppression and resistance.


CRITICISM


Long time no see. Sorry I haven’t updated more frequently, I was on exams and I had too much homework to do, so I didn´t have time or energy to make a review. But, Today I finished school so let’s celebrate with a review from my favorite graphic novel of all times: V for Vendetta.
If you think this name sound familiar maybe is because you remember hearing about the movie where Natalie Portman shaved her head.

Why I like this graphic novel so much?

Well I like that V is justice, he actually is justice, It doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor but if you are not following the value of justice than V is going to prove you right. He believes that everybody deserves justice, prostitutes, homosexuals, kids etc.  And I love that because this comic is old and I think it could be mind opening to people who didn’t think the same way as V.

There is another reason I like this book, the movie is my dad favorite movie, and It was mine too, until The Perks Of Being a Wallflower came to my life (who doesn´t love Logan Lerman), so when I realized that V for Vendetta was a comic I had to read it, in some personal way I wanted to be more close to my dad by reading the book. I read it in 1 day, in my computer, and may I tell you when I finished it, it was midnight and I couldn’t sleep because I was arguing about the book with myself, and I loved that feeling, where feel so trapped in a book that when you finish it you are still trapped.


Did I like the writing style?

I´ve read 3 graphic novels from Allan Moore, and two of them are old, and I learned English as my second language, so sometimes I don’t understand some words but I like how he writes, he has a incredible world in his mind and I wish one day I could be as creative as he is.

Is V a heroe?

I don’t usually think that a hero in a comic has to have powers, most of times I read a comic my favorite hero is a powerless, because they always are more intelligent and reasonable than the other heroes. Personally I think that everyone who stands for human rights is a hero, everyone who helps someone just to help, not to get something for a change.




INFO OF THE BOOK:


Pages: 296

Published: March, 1982

Publisher:Vertigo

Recommended Ages: 15-50

Book type: Dystopia

Genre:  Politics




0 comments: