Review: Binge by Tyler Oakley

7:42 p.m. El Corazon de Libros 0 Comments

Hi readers

SYNOPSIS:

Pop culture phenomenon, social rights advocate, and the most prominent LGBTQ+ voice on YouTube, Tyler Oakley brings you his first collection of witty, personal, and hilarious essays written in the voice that’s earned him more than 10 million followers across social media.

CRITICISM:

Today’s review is about Binge the book written by the international known Tyler Oakley who videos I love, I have to admit that I read it just because it was him and I read it also to analyze if he actually wrote the book, because some Youtuber are releasing book and I doubt that they wrote them.
But Tyler is the exception, since the beginning of the book I immediately realized that he did wrote it. Reading his book it was like watching a long video from his channel I didn´t get bored, and you can realize he wrote it because he uses his same phrases.

The book is categorized as Humor but for me it has something more deep than Humor because it was so personal and it had serious topics just like funny ones. When you see Tyler you don’t see a writer but he actually is a good writer.

Did I get captivated by the book?

I got captivated since I read the title from the first chapter. I actually binge read the book. And I applaud Tyler because autobiographies don’t interest me but this one did.

What is the book about?

Well my dear readers the book consist in short stories about the life of the writer, since his childhood to where he is right now, in the book the main topic is his homosexuality. The book covers topics like abuse, awkward sexual encounters, but it has innocent parts like his theatric “talent” and all his funny experiences as a little kid.

Is the book funny?

It definitely is but it has a lot of serious moments and he has a lot of mistakes in his life that he wants to share so people don’t suffer like he did.

What are the appropriate ages to read the book?

I think this book should be read by 16 year olds to 40 years old, but if you are a fan from his channel than it doesn´t matter you are used to his language and all his stories.

Do I recommend the book?

Absolutely yes (Only if you are a fan of Tyler Oakley), it is a great book to relax after a hard day from work or after reading a heavy book.

INFO OF THE BOOK:
# of Pages: 256

Published: October 20th, 2015

Publisher: Gallery Books

Type of book: Autobiography

Genre: Humor






0 comments: