Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

6:09 p.m. El Corazon de Libros 0 Comments

Hi readers:
  
SYNOPSIS:


August 25, 1991
Dear friend,

I am writing to you because she said you listen and understand
and didn't try to sleep with that person at that party even though
you could have. Please don't try to figure out who she is because
then you might figure out who I am, and I really don't want you to
do that. I will call people by different names or generic names
because I don't want you to find me. I didn't enclose a return
address for the same reason. I mean nothing bad by this. Honest.
I just need to know that someone out there listens and
understands and doesn't try to sleep with people even if they
could have. I need to know that these people exist.
I think you of all people would understand that because I think
you of all people are alive and appreciate what that means. At
least I hope you do because other people look to you for strength
and friendship and it's that simple.

(First page of the book)


CRITICISM:

This book is my favorite, I read it last year and I had re-read it once, and every time I am like;
This book is freaking awesome! Maybe I like this book so much because you can relate with it so easily. I thought that I was like Charlie, excepting the fact I do have friends. The way he described everything was excellent. This book will make you laugh and think about things in life or in problems that you have as a teenager.
The book is written like letters, so an example:

November 13, 1992

My friend, everything is going out of my hands.
Problems come in to my life and never come out.

That is how Stephen decided to wrote the book. When you finish this book, it may get you to read more books or to write. In my life that book means a lot, not just because it gave me the impulse to write this blog, it has meaning because it made me realize I am a WALLFLOWER


I love this book and the movie to, but of course I love more the book
Hope you read it, and hope you like it too.
I just wanted to add something, this book is for
 TEENAGER AND ADULTS ONLY

5 OUT OF 5 STARS




0 comments: